Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine for You

Having done a lot of gratitude posts lately, I was a little hesitant to go forward with the following concept for Valentine's Day.  I'm also conscious of not blowing up anyone's spot.  I guess it's ok to put people's names in these blog entries, but I do want to respect the privacy of everyone, especially the people for which I am most grateful.

But then I thought again.  The world needs nothing so much as it needs joy, equanimity, compassion, and kindness.  In that spirit, Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, but especially to the following people.  I'm keeping names out of it, but I'll be as specific as I can so you know when you're getting shouted out.

The Anthem.  Get Your Damn Hands Up
  • To my family, for everything ever but especially for their support over the last year.
  • To my professional colleagues who have stood by me through the last year.  I learned that the upper boundary of the best behavior from caring, dedicated professionals is much higher than I had thought.
  • To my friends  who have been with me from the jump.  I could not have made it through without you.
  • To my friends who I just connected with over the past year.  You've made life in North Carolina richer and more fun than I thought possible.
  • To everyone who has contributed to my yoga practice ever.
  • To all the students I have had the pleasure of teaching.
  • To the airplanes and internet providers that keep me close with all of the above.
  • To the sun, the moon, the sky, the earth, and the spirit.
  • To Lindsey Andrews, whose former FB profile pick I've been looking for an excuse to steal for months.  Words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment