Monday, February 13, 2012

Block of Wood

I have severe writer's block, at least with TWEDP.  Part of it is everything else that is going on in my life, which includes writing for other outlets.  Part of it is a desire not to make this blog entirely about yoga and transcendental weirdness, because...well, I guess because I have knee-jerk reaction against allowing myself to be pigeon holed too easily.

I've also become convinced I need to stop with all the first-person pronouns.  There's no real reason to stop using I.  Bloggers before me fought and won that war.  However, the voices of Bob Hollenbach and Bruce Stoneback, aka the grammar police of Pennridge High School in the early 1990s, will not be stilled.

All of which to say is, I'm sorry I don't have anything more interesting to write to you today.  I waited all day for inspiration to strike.  The only idea I had the piqued my interest was a possible rambling essay on the difference between act and actor, which might be a way for us to learn how to discuss race again.  So, when some silly white boy says some fcked up sht, we can sit them down and say, "Tommy, you have an act/actor thing going on today.  I know you're not a racist, but that thing you just said was some racist bullsht."  That way, we could call out dumb stuff people say without them getting all self-righteous, because, remember, we're not allowed to call anyone a racist anymore.

But I didn't like that idea that much.

Hopefully I'll have a good idea tomorrow.  Now, to watch the Sixers hopefully not screw this up.


No comments:

Post a Comment