Saturday, February 18, 2012

Awareness

Just finished Buddhism: Plain and Simple.  Obviously, I'm a beginning scholar of Buddhism, and if you are as well, I highly recommend this book.


One the more interesting parts of the book is the importance of being in the moment.  To hear Steve Hagen tell it, that is the essence of Buddhism, and regardless of my feeling towards Buddhism, it's damn fine advice.

What I figured out today while wandering around the Houston Airport was that being aware of the moment meant that very moment.  I had been evaluating what I was doing once I found myself doing or thinking things that I didn't want.  But that's not it, at least to me, at least now.  The key is to be thinking about the moment and your intent while you go through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment