Monday, March 12, 2012

Kicking Ass to Live

I read an article over at Elephant Journal last week that talked about how asana is only one limb of yoga, although we Americans tend to treat it as the end all and be all, and how advanced practionners should move past the need to hit every pose every time.  Right on.  I've written about the very same things in this space.

However...

Over the last week, life stayed heavy, when I thought it was getting lighter.  I broke under the load a little bit.  I spent the weekend on my couch with ESPN.  I needed the break, but I woke up today knowing that I needed to get back in the game.  I needed to work out the stress that I had accumulated.  So what I needed was an ass-kicking hour and a half of yoga.  I needed to sweat the pain away.  

Asana isn't the only thing, except when it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment