Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Perfect

I feel like I have to be perfect, or everything I care about will be taken away from me.  It's only gotten worse since the REBUT, when it really was.

One of the unfortunate consequences of this feeling is that I put so much pressure on myself when I go after the things that I care about.  It's counterproductive, but it's what I do.  This pressure has probably gotten worse since the REBUT.  Then again, it's possible that, since the REBUT, I'm now going after things that I really, truly want for the first time ever.

And it's scary.  But I'm doing it.

Something I need to start doing again is writing here.  Lately I've saved all my best thoughts for teacher training, but the whole point is, one doesn't have to have a perfect thought to write.  I like writing, and someday I'd like to get paid to write about the kinds of things I write about here, now, for free.

So I'd better get back to getting the reps in.

No comments:

Post a Comment