Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Practice Deepens

Should wheel pose feel so good on my shoulders?  A quick search of the Interwebs list a lot of potential benefits but no mention of the rear delts, but lately, that's the muscle group I feel open the most.  The time I most notice it are on those days when I feel limber and am able to really roll my shoulder blades back, open the heart, and walk my legs in.  As my arms gets straight up and down and the chest tracks in the same line, the opening in the shoulders feels the greatest.  Pure bliss.

Some of the relief I feel must be related to me becoming more proficient at this particular asana.  Mostly, though, the pose is addressing what my body needs.  Since moving to Cleveland, I've developed a wonderful habit where I store my stress in these very same rear delts.  I have no doubt in my mind that the increased relief I feel in wheel is directly tied to my greater need for relief in that specific area.

Which is pretty neat.  Actually, it's awe inspiring and humbling.  The tradition is wise enough, and its  system of physical exercise flexible enough, to adapt seamlessly to the level of bodymind of any practitioner, so that everyone can get the relief they need.

Gratitude.  Overwhelming gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment