Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Discipline

It bugs me to no end that I haven't been able to keep up any semblance of a regular writing schedule for the past month.  If I had to make a list of activities I enjoy, writing would be right behind yoga near the top of the list.  Writing is solace, a chance for me to play in the world of ideas and to talk out some of the things I think I'm learning and to connect with those who feel the same.

That connection may be my favorite part.  I try to be pretty vague about the details of my life but honest and direct with my thoughts and feelings.  At the risk of sounding like a sensitive poet type, I do try to pour my unfiltered self into what I write for this blog, which is why I'm always amazed, humbled, and grateful beyond measure that even one person finds these posts worthwhile.  It may be trite, but a lot of my lonely goes away every time someone hits the like button.

There are perfectly valid and acceptable reasons why I haven't written, but neither you nor I care about those.  Writing is therapy, and writing is my desired vocation, but writing will suffer without regular practice.  As my friend Bob might say, I need to make the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment